Interim report 1 January – 30 June 2022
A quarter in change
1 APRIL – 30 JUNE 2022 (3 MONTHS)
- Net sales decreased by 9 percent to SEK 2,079m (2,276), of which acquired growth amounted to 13 percent. The COVID-19 related net sales decreased by 88 percent. The organic growth, excluding net sales related to COVID-19, was 4 percent.
- EBITA decreased by 28 percent to SEK 240m (332), corresponding to an EBITA-margin of 11.6 percent (14.6).
- Profit after tax decreased by 57 percent to SEK 76m (178).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.63 (1.47).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 206m (200).
- During the quarter, two acquisitions, BioCat GmBh and O'Flynn Medical Ltd, were completed and after the end of the quarter, one more acquisition, JK Lab Nordic AB, were completed. In total, these acquisitions are estimated to contribute with annual net sales of approximately SEK 180m and approximately 60 employees.
1 JANUARY – 30 JUNE 2022 (6 MONTHS)
- Net sales increased by 16 percent to SEK 4,658m (4,012), of which acquired growth amounted to 30 percent. The COVID-19 related net sales decreased by 59 percent. The organic growth, excluding net sales related to COVID-19, was 3 percent.
- EBITA increased by 3 percent to SEK 675m (658), corresponding to an EBITA-margin of 14.5 percent (16.4).
- Profit after tax decreased by 26 percent to SEK 301m (404).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.47 (3.46). Earnings per share for the last 12 months amounted to SEK 5.07 (6.03).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 538m (384).
- The equity ratio was 36 percent (40).
- Return on working capital (P/WC) amounted to 74 percent (95).
- During the interim period, four acquisitions were made and another after the end of the interim period. The acquisitions are expected to contribute with annual net sales of approximately SEK 855m.
- AddLife's new President and CEO Fredrik Dalborg will start on September 1st.
|3 months ending||6 months ending||12 months ending|
|SEKm||30 Jun 22||30 Jun 21||change||30 Jun 22||30 Jun 21||change||30 Jun 22||31 Dec 21|
|Profit before tax||94||237||-60%||383||524||-27%||786||927|
|Profit for the period||76||178||-57%||301||404||-26%||618||721|
|Earnings per share before dilution, SEK||0.63||1.47||-57%||2.47||3.46||-29%||5.07||6.03|
|Earnings per share after dilution, SEK||0.62||1.46||-58%||2.46||3.44||-28%||5.04||6.01|
ADDLIFE IN BRIEF
AddLife is an independent provider in Life Science that offers high-quality products, services and advice to both the private and public sector in Europe. The Group is divided into two business areas: Labtech and Medtech. The Group comprises some 85 operating subsidiaries that provide equipment, instruments, medical devices and reagents, as well as advice and technical support to customers primarily in healthcare, research and academia, along with the food and pharmaceutical industries.
Investors, analysts and the media are invited to a conference call where CEO Kristina Willgård and CFO Christina Rubenhag will present the interim report. The presentation will be held in English and takes about 20 minutes, after which there will be an opportunity to ask questions. It will be recorded and made available online. If this is your first time using Teams, you will be asked to download an app.
The teleconference will be at 10:00 a.m. on July 15th, 2022
If you wish to participate via teleconference, please follow this link>>
Or call in (only sound) +46 8 505 376 58 Conferens-ID: 915 124 356#
The presentation is also available on AddLife YouTube >>