Group development in the quarter

Net sales in the quarter increased by 23 percent to SEK 2,131m (1,731). The organic sales decreased by 12 percent and acquired growth totalled 35 percent. Exchange rate changes had a marginal impact on net sales in the quarter. Net sales related to COVID-19 accounted for SEK 355m (600) and organic growth, excluding COVID-19 amounted to 3 percent. EBITA increased by 4 percent to SEK 329m (316) and EBITA-margin amounted to 15.5 percent (18.2). Exchange rate changes had a positive effect on EBITA, corresponding to SEK 3m. 

Dynamisk graf: Net sales 3 months

Net financial items amounted to SEK -22m (-2) and profit after financial items amounted to SEK 223m (276). The increased negative net financial items is due to interest costs related to the acquisitions. Profit after tax for the quarter decreased with 19 percent amounting to SEK 178m (219) and the effective tax rate was 20 percent (21).

Group development in the financial year

Net sales in the financial year increased by 52 percent to SEK 7,993m (5,273). Organic growth was 11 percent and acquired growth totalled 43 percent. Exchange rate changes had a negative impact on net sales of 2 percent, corresponding to SEK 104m.

Dynamisk graf: Net sales 12 months

Sales in the Nordic markets amounted to 49 percent of total net sales compared to 65 percent last year. The change in geographical markets is due to the acquisitions in Europe during the year. 

Dynamisk graf: Net Sales per market 2021
Dynamisk graf: Net Sales per market 2020

Net sales related to COVID-19 accounted for SEK 1,976m (1,306) and organic growth, excluding COVID-19 amounted to 3 percent. 

Dynamisk graf: Covid-19 related sales

Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, AddLife has supplied large volumes of products to the healthcare sector for treatment of COVID-19. Sales since the first quarter of 2020 have varied based on the spread of infection and restrictions in our societies.

EBITA increased by 59 percent to SEK 1,273m (802) and EBITA-margin amounted to 15.9 percent (15.2). Transaction costs amounting to SEK 32m and stamp duty of SEK 24m related to acquired shares is included in the result. EBITA excluding acquisition-related costs amounted to SEK 1,329m with an EBITA margin of 16.6 percent. The higher margin is due to increased volumes, active price adjustments and continued restrained costs. Exchange rate changes had a negative effect on EBITA, corresponding to SEK 16m.

Net financial items amounted to SEK -69m (-13) and profit after financial items amounted to SEK 927m (659). The increased negative net financial items is due to interest costs related to the acquisitions. Profit after tax increased with 39 percent amounting to SEK 721m (520) and the effective tax rate was 22 percent (21). The higher effective tax rate is due to non-deductible transaction related costs connected to the acquisitions. 

Latest updated: 3/2/2022 8:19:25 PM by jamilah.wass@add.life