Group development in the quarter

Net sales in the quarter increased by 49 percent to SEK 1,850m (1,241). The organic sales decreased by 5 percent and acquired growth totalled 54 percent. Exchange rate changes had no impact on net sales in the quarter. Net sales related to COVID-19 accounted for SEK 300m (420) and organic growth, excluding COVID-19 amounted to 9 percent. EBITA increased by 44 percent to SEK 286m (199) and EBITA-margin amounted to 15.5 percent (16.1). Exchange rate changes had a positive effect on EBITA, corresponding to SEK 1m. 

Net financial items amounted to SEK -27m (-4) and profit after financial items amounted to SEK 180m (165). The increased negative net financial items is due to interest costs related to the acquisitions. Profit after tax for the quarter increased with 8 percent amounting to SEK 139m (127) and the effective tax rate was 23 percent (23).

Dynamisk graf: Net sales (SEKm)
Dynamisk graf: EBITA (SEKm)

Group development in the interim period

Net sales in the interim period increased by 65 percent to SEK 5,862m (3,542). Organic growth was 22 percent and acquired growth totalled 46 percent. Exchange rate changes had a negative impact on net sales of 3 percent, corresponding to SEK 109m. Net sales related to COVID-19 accounted for SEK 1,630m (805) and organic growth, excluding COVID-19 amounted to 6 percent. 

Dynamisk graf: Covid-19 related sales

Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, AddLife has supplied large volumes of products to the healthcare sector for treatment of COVID-19. Sales since the first quarter of 2020 have varied based on the spread of infection and hospitals' needs to care for critically ill patients. 

EBITA increased by 94 percent to SEK 944m (486) and EBITA-margin amounted to 16.1 percent (13.7). Transaction costs amounting to SEK 30m and stamp duty of SEK 24m related to acquired shares is included in the result. EBITA excluding acquisition-related costs amounted to SEK 998m with an EBITA margin of 17.0 percent. The higher margin is due to increased volumes and continued restrained costs. Exchange rate changes had a negative effect on EBITA, corresponding to SEK 18m.

Net financial items amounted to SEK -47m (-11) and profit after financial items amounted to SEK 704m (383). The increased negative net financial items is due to interest costs related to the acquisitions. Profit after tax increased with 80 percent amounting to SEK 543m (301) and the effective tax rate was 23 percent (21). The higher effective tax rate is due to non-deductible transaction related costs connected to the acquisitions. 

Latest updated: 11/23/2021 3:28:49 PM by Administrator